Sulyap sa Baro at Sayà: Silayan ang Saya de Kola
on Exhibit at the Bulwagan ng Dangal
Sulyap sa Baro at Saya: Silayan ang Saya de Kola is a dream come true to many of us in the College of Home Economics, especially among us in the Department of Clothing, Textiles and Interior Design (CTID) led by its Chair, Prof. Ma. Monica E. Rayala.
- Why the Philippine Government Should Increase Its Budget
Why the Philippine Government Should Increase Its Budget
- CHE Celebrates 90th Anniversary of Home Economics as a Discipline
The College of Home Economics shall celebrate the 90th anniversary of Home Economics as a discipline in the University of the Philippines on November 11, 2011. The college will conduct activities which include lectures and workshops to strengthen the understanding and appreciation of the CHE Faculty towards the discipline.
- CHE Responds to Call for Help for TS Sendong Victims
In behalf of the CHE, I wish to thank all faculty, staff and students who came to the College and dropped off their donations for Tropical Storm Sendong victims.
- CHE Tops 2011 Lantern Competetion
CHE's participation in the Lantern Parade was so overwhelming - thanks to the collaboration between the CHE Student Council headed by its President and Vice President, Ms. Julia Pascual, Ms. Pauline L'AO and the CHE administration through the Student Relations Office led by Asst. Prof. Hannah Faustino, the Office of the College Secretary through Prof. Etchel Tongson and the Office of the Administrative Officer through Mrs. Lulu Palattao.
- FSN Faculty Receives UP Scientist I Award
Dr. Alonzo Gabriel, a faculty of the Department of Food Science and Nutrition (FSN), has received the rank of UP Scientist I during the UP Scientific Productivity Ceremony on October 28, 2011 at the Ang Bahay ng Alumni, UP Diliman.
- UPD Scores 85\% Passing Rate in the October 2011 Interior Design Licensure Exam
The University of the Philippines-Diliman topped the recent October Interior Design Licensure Examinations as 24 out of the 27 examinees from the College of Home Economics successfully passed giving an 85\\% passing rate.
- DZUP 1602 Ekonomiyang Pantahanan Program Nominated at the 33rd Catholic Mass Media Awards
DZUP 1602 Ekonomiyang Pantahanan which airs every Monday at 12:00pm – 1:00pm is nominated at the 33rd Catholic Mass Media Award for Best Public Service Program for radio category.
- CHE Celebrates 50 Years as a College and 90 Years as a Discipline in 2011!
CHE shall be celebrating two milestones in 2011: its golden year as an institution and its 90th year as a discipline.
- Sulyap sa Baro at Sayà: Silayan ang Saya de Kola on Exhibit at the Bulwagan ng Dangal
Sulyap sa Baro at Saya: Silayan ang Saya de Kola is a dream come true to many of us in the College of Home Economics
- Mr. Miguel Belmonte Extends Financial Support for HRIM Program
Mr. Miguel Belmonte, a BSHRA alumnus and currently the Philippine Star President and CEO donates funds for the upgrading of computer software needed by the HRIM program during his visit last August 15, 2011.
- CHE Grads Tops Nutritionist-Dietician Licensure Examinations
Graduates of the Food Science and Nutrition program of the College of Home Economics pulled of a 100\% passing percentage in the July 2011 Nutritionist-Dietician Licensure Examinations.
- PAN-Alpha, Community Nutrition Student Recognized
In recognition of its exemplary leadership and performance for the advancement of proper nutrition in school
- FSN Faculty Bagged Top Prize in ASEAN Food Conference Graduate Research Paper Competition
Dr. Alonzo Gabriel of the Department of Food Science and Nutrition bagged the first prize in the Graduate Research Paper Competition
- ID Students Won Second Place in the Worldbex 2011 Inter-school Design Competition
Five ID students namely: Charissa Banes, Paula de Guzman, Rod Lascano, Paolo Lopez and Tala Singson, won second place for their Powder Room design during the Worldbex 2011 Obra Maestra Inter-school Design Competition.